Note from Dr Abboud - 8/6/18
1. To date, we have 98 registrants, a record number for Mayo Boys Soccer.
2. Mrs Erickson in the Athletic Office told me this morning that the door for additional registrations will reopen on Aug 13, and, unfortunately, this means that the new registrants will miss the first day of the tryouts.
3. Want to remind those who have not done so to date, to review my previous note regarding the 2018 tryouts.
4. Because of the very large number of registrants, undoubtedly few of you will experience disappointment at tryouts because you may not make any of our four teams. My advice to you is to prepare yourself for such a possibility, and have alternative plans for participation in another sport or any other activity of your choice this fall.
5. Make sure that you complete your registration and concussion requirements prior to the first day of the tryouts.
See you at the tryouts on August 13,
A NOTE FROM DR ABBOUD regarding the Mayo SOCCER TRYOUTS.
Mayo Boys Soccer Tryouts will start on Monday,August 13, 2018
BEFORE THE TRYOUTS
Those who intend to participate in the tryouts for our program should be able to say YES to all the following commitments:
“a. I will have two priorities this coming fall. I am a student athlete and my priorities are my high school academic activities and my soccer. I will give my best to my priorities. I know that I cannot participate in soccer activities if I shirk my responsibilities for my academic progress.
b. I understand the needs of attendance at practices and games. Barring an unforeseen health/family emergency, I plan to be there at all practices and games. I will rearrange my other commitments so that they will not interfere with my attendance and with my responsibilities to my team. When I plan for non-soccer activities, I will keep my commitment to soccer and my team in mind. I will not jeopardize my team’s interests for any other non-emergency activity. I will be focused on-and dedicated to- what’s best for my team.
c. I will organize my time and other responsibilities so that I will be there ahead of time for practices and games, and prepare myself for the scheduled soccer activities.
d. I will always abide by the principles of sportsmanship. I understand the importance of respect for myself, my teammates, my coaches, my school and my town, for my opponents and their coaches, and for the laws of the games and r the referees who enforce them. I will behave in a way that is a credit to myself, my team and my school, and to all others involved in soccer.”
Our objective in the tryout process is to select soccer athletes who are able to compete at the different levels of our soccer program, and who can best represent the school.
Our intention, weather cooperating, is to complete our tryouts in 2-3 days, so that those athletes not selected for the Mayo soccer teams can have ample time to consider other fall activities of their choice.
All boys soccer tryouts will be conducted at the Willow Creek Junior High fields.
C, B and JV teams will have their tryouts daily between 5:30 and 7:30 pm.
AFTER THE TRYOUTS
The teams will practice Monday through Saturday. No practices will be held on Sundays.
For the C, B and JV Teams
The specific Practice Schedule for each team will be given by the team coach. In general, practice time for C, B and JV teams will be between 5:30 and 7:30 pm during weekdays. Saturday practice schedule may vary depending on team needs.
For the Varsity Team
The practice schedule has two stages. Before school starts, the varsity team will practice twice a day, generally first between 9:00 am and noon, and then between 3:30 to 5:30 pm. After school starts, varsity will hold one practice a day and that will be between 3:30 and 5:30 pm
I hope this information proves useful to the athletes and their parents/guardians. If you have any questions about our program, please do not hesitate to connect with me by email at CFAbboud@gmail.com
Please join us for the Mayo Spartan soccer banquet on Friday October 26th at 6:00 pm in the Mayo high school cafeteria.
Sign up genius below......
Team photos have been handed out.
If you have not yet paid, please send payment to
3726 David Ln SW